Thursday, July 1, 2010

TEAM INSPIRATION – IT’S ON!!!!!!!!

I have been so pleasantly surprised and truly honored by the number of people who have decided to do the triathlon next year WITH me. Several are not strong swimmers and have taken the personal challenge of learning how to swim upon themselves. Several, like me, have never tried anything this challenging but are going to start training so that they can do this. Several are veterans of the triathlon and will be doing this with great ease. With Nathan leading the charge, many have said that they want to finish their race and then come meet me on my run and go through the finish line with me. I am deeply touched by this. There is one problem with this gesture though. By the time they finish their race, if things go as planned, I should be long done with mine and sitting in a lounge chair sipping water under a cool tree! We have everything from several high school super jocks to business executives to personal trainers from Villa to lawyers. And no, the lawyers will not be marked and identified so that you can dunk us during the swim. As of this morning, 10 months before the race, our team is already 19 strong. The team has picked a name (Team Inspiration), team colors and is starting to plan group training sessions. The super jocks and I designed a team logo last night. The team wants to get sponsors and have several t-shirts made to promote team unity and identification. Again I have to say that I continue to be inspired and truly honored by the people around me. We will start posting pictures here as soon as we can of our progress. (Actually, as soon as I become smart enough to figure out how to do it.) Keep watching! TEAM INSPIRATION IS ON THE MOVE!!!

As a side note, Sundays with Jarvis will hopefully be Monday with Jarvis this week as I have to go out of town for the 4th. Have a great holiday and remember how Blessed we are to live in this country where we CAN do things like this!

Good luck and my best,

Trace

2 comments:

  1. I continued my training this morning, and i'm pretty encouraged with how it went. I can only imagine the shape everyone will be in when the time comes.

    The oldest super jock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trace,

    Tina here from VillaSport! Please sign me up to join Team Inspiration. I would be honored to be a part of your team. BTW, I am one of those non-swimmers you mentioned so this will be a great challenge for me to learn something new. Can't wait!

    Keep me posted on group traning, Tina Parish
    Personal Trainer at Villasport
    tina@parish-family.net
    713-304-6784

    ReplyDelete