Thursday, July 15, 2010

WE CAN REBUILD HIM!!!!

I do not think many of you who have read my blog really take me seriously when I say that I have NEVER in my life been “athletic.” I was completely serious when I said that I was always the last one picked for any team at school and that was after kids who were absent or had moved to other countries. There is now a member of Team Inspiration that I went to high school with who can verify this. (Be kind Eric. I know we have not spoken in almost 30 years but isn’t this an awesome reunion?!) I looked at the OutRival Racing website the other day and I am listed as a triathlete! After checking to see if it was a typo and after being called “Superman” by Iron Man Jim, I realized that I AM rebuilding myself. And the positive reinforcement from EVERYONE around me makes me walk harder, ride faster and swim farther. I am being rebuilt with the help of so many positive people. I am being rebuilt so that having MS is not an ever-present issue or concern. I must admit I love it.

Team Inspiration is growing rapidly. We have our first “training” event this weekend. Look for the pictures Sunday along with Sundays with Jarvis!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

3 comments:

  1. You were picked first this time, Trace! So glad excited to be on your team. Looking forward to getting down to Houston this fall/winter/spring and doing some training with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome, Trace!! I just built your schedule for next week and thought "Wow! He does more training then a lot of the athletes I coach!" Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can also verify that you are a superb Sergeant-Major!

    Mark (aka Giles Ralston)

    ReplyDelete