Sunday, July 11, 2010

7/11/2010 Sunday Morning Training with Trace

Equiped with a new heart rate monitor that cost more than my first car, Trace and I headed out of Northshore Park at about 6:50 a.m. this morning. I think we learned some important things from the heart rate monitor today and Trace will be using it from here on out.

Trace is in phenonenal shape. Trace's heart rate was less than 140 beats per minute during most of the session this morning, which is indicative of the strong cardio vascular shape Trace is in.

The temperature still appears to have the greatest impact on Trace. We need to find the best way(s) to reduce the effect of temperature Trace. Ideas anyone?

Today was a good day for Trace. He finshed a known portion of the CB&I Triathlon run course just 28 seconds short of his best previous time. My biggest challenge appears to be slowing Trace down and getting a more consistent pace.

Nathan

1 comment:

  1. Glad to get insight from you Nathan and the HR monitor, Trace is in good cardio condition and works hard for it! It is nice to apply a numerical value to it as a gauge. I can relate to trying to slow Trace down, I love Traces' self-motivation! GO TRACE! Tuesday it's on!

    ReplyDelete