Monday, July 26, 2010

THE LEGEND OF WHITE CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE AND WHAT A SURPRISE!

Gather round children and hear the tale of the Legend of White Chocolate Smoothie.

Okay, it isn’t that exciting, but I thought the title was a real grabber. Nathan (aka Dung Beedle) decided that since I have a smoothie LOADED with protein faithfully after every work out, he should call me White Chocolate Smoothie. Although the protein is vanilla and not white chocolate (I wish it was white chocolate), the name is much more mysterious, so it stuck. As for talking all of the time, no comment and I respectfully plead the 5th. But enough about me.

I talk about taking baby steps and setting attainable goals. In the last week, I have noticed that suddenly my recovery time has DRAMATICALLY decreased after everything. Whether walking, swimming or running, it now takes me much less time to be able to function normally after exerting myself. That is a very pleasant surprise and bonus to the workouts. After I swim, for example, I used to look as I was walking back inside to the locker room like I had had 15 pitchers of margaritas outside by the pool instead of been swimming. I am walking fairly normally now. The sad thing is that I can no longer use “swimming” as my cover!

So the point is -- whatever your challenge is, set small, attainable goals and you will eventually see benefits of all types. BE PATIENT. You may be surprised by what happens!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

1 comment:

  1. Actually Trace, I think that White Chocolate Smoothie refers to the fact that you have absolutely no hair and no tan. When we went out walking you kinda reminded me of one of those hairless cats.

    Will be contributing soon with my own recollections of the Sunday walk and the inspiration you have become to Rebecca, my wife, who also has MS.

    /Stuart

    ReplyDelete