Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nathan, Trace, and Jarvis

Hello to all that are following. My name is Nathan and I am fortunate to call Trace Sherer my friend.

Trace and I are again in full triathlon training mode. We had laid off for about 2-3 weeks for several reasons but we were both eager to get out last Sunday. We started our walk at Northshore Park in the Woodlands at 6:00 a.m. For those of you who do not know, Northshore Park is the site of the transition area for the CB&I Triathlon that Trace will be doing in early May, 2011. We walk from Northshore Park to familiarize Trace with the course he will be competing.

Prior to last Sunday, it would take us approximately 40-50 minutes to walk an out and back 1.5 mile. Last Sunday, Trace blazed the 1.5 mile walk in 31:30. I have this habit of not telling Trace how he is doing until after we are done with the morning walk. Trace's performance Sunday was awesome!

I think we both determined that control of Trace's body temperature is critical when he is pushing himself. The addition of the cold vest last Sunday had an obvious positive impact. Jarvis appears to behave better the longer Trace is able to limit his body temperature increase.

Sunday morning is pretty much the best time of the week for me. Looking forward to our next walk.

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment