Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I HAVE BEEN SO TOTALLY JARVISED!

It never ceases to amaze me how my dear, sweet (pie-eating) Trisha always finds new ways to make sure that I do not ever get overconfident or cocky in my progress. Every week I think that when I work with her on Tuesday morning, she will not be able to come up with a new challenge – something that is difficult for me to do. Every week I am wrong. I think that Trisha, Jim, Nathan and now Michelle have secret meetings weekly to come up with new ways to jarvis me. Much wine and merriment is had and they all leave that meeting with evil grins plastered to their mugs. “New ways to jarvis you?," you say. Well, in light of these secret meetings that are no doubt held, I have come up with a new verb: jarvis. Jarvis shall no longer just be the name of my right leg. It shall be a verb as well. For our English majors: jarvis (v) (1) to cause physical pain in Trace’s right leg (aka Jarvis); (2) for Trace’s right leg to experience physical pain or extreme discomfort; (3) for Trace’s right leg to undergo or experience difficulties or extreme discomfort, causing great joy to either Trisha, Jim, Nathan and/or Michelle, individually or collectively.

To you Trisha, Jim, Nathan and Michelle I say this … BRING IT ON! You guys are slowly but most certainly jarvising me into a state of readiness. I appreciate it more than you will ever fathom and I love you all so much for it. To the rest of you -

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment