Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Excuses!

I almost completely missed and incredible irony the other day. I was at an intersection and there was a beggar on the corner holding a sign that read "I have MS. Please help". My initial thought was....well then you should be on Team Inspiration and training for the CB&I triathlon in the spring....but then I let it completely pass. This morning it came back to me because there was great value in what I saw. My sorrow is that someone else has learned to stand there with their hand out and not do anything about their situation and while I could go on about this issue it is not what I realized. My realization is that Trace while so freely handing out praise to those that have gathered around him is becoming an incredible example to us all. Sure he can whine like the rest of us and at times feels a bit discouraged but he sure doesn't stand there with a sign and his hand out looking for someone else to do something for him.

Trace faces his difficulties on a daily basis. How many of us can say that we take on our difficulties daily without excuses? All of us really have no excuses and Trace is proving to us each and every day that we can do more with our time and resources. If he can do it...so can you!! Encourage yourself and others every day!

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Is there any question about why I surround myself with people like Jim? Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete