Sunday, August 1, 2010

PROGRESS REPORT

Nathan will write about Sundays with Jarvis later. I realize that I talk a lot about various things here but I wanted to give you an overall status report. PLEASE keep in mind that when I started this in April or May, I could not do even a FRACTION of this. It is my sincere hope that the folks who read this will just TRY to do a little, do it consistently and someday (who cares how long it takes) shock yourself with what you CAN do and what you are doing that you never thought possible. PLEASE JUST TRY. The improvement in your quality of life will amaze you. And, like me, you might find yourself wrapped in the love of many AMAZING people. People whose blinding light of encouragement, support and love propels you to heights you never imagined you would soar.

First, I should set the record straight on a few comments made recently by my dear friends. Stuart -- I have hair. Not much but I have some. Okay a little. Okay, not much at all and I can see how you would miss it, particularly due to the glare of my tanless body. Jim – I do not whine. Ever. (Note to self -- do not whine around Jim or anyone that might report to him.) Nathan – I ONLY talk incessantly because if I am talking, I know that I am alive. The day you all need to worry about me is the day that I shut up.

We talk about the walk/jog/run with Sundays with Jarvis. That is improving. I wanted to let you know that my swimming is getting very strong. I am swimming between a third to two thirds of a mile every day, 7 days a week. I alternate strokes and using a kickboard and pull buoy. Based on my heros’ advice, the more I swim with my arms, the more I save my legs for the bike and run portions of the CB&I. For example, yesterday I swam a half mile ALL with my arms using a pull buoy. When I started swimming in April, I could barely stand swimming a lap without taking a break. So see, you CAN do this. I am also biking a great deal. I am doing between 10 to 20 miles a few times a week. Yesterday I did a 10 mile run OUTSIDE without my cooling vest and really did not have a problem. (I did it at 5 am before it got hot.) The fact that I could do that distance outside is something that I would not have dreamed possible in April. Again – you CAN do this.

Folks – this is all about baby steps. Do not take on so much that you get frustrated because you do not see progress fast enough. Be patient with your body, yourself and your challenges. I assure you that the changes in the quality of your life will be exponential. I LOVE my life more now than I ever have. I love the people around me. I love waking up each day and genuinely look forward to what the day will bring. I am a truly Blessed man!!!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

1 comment:

  1. Trace, keep it up, bro. You are finally giving lawyers a good name.

    /Stuart

    ReplyDelete