Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE IMPORTANCE OF REST

A wise man (Iron Man Jim) once again reminded me today of something that he, Nathan, Trisha, Michelle, Eric, Lauren and a host of others have been trying to beat into my brain for some time now. That is that we MUST take time to rest and to allow our bodies to recover. Jim used a word in quoting an article that got my attention. Lawyers either love or hate the word. EGO. Jim told me: “Don't let ego ruin a rest day. Discipline is also about keeping the tiger under the hood on your easy days.” I am learning that I MUST take time to recover. Last Sunday was all about ignoring my body’s pleas for rest. I took it easy Sunday afternoon and Monday and was better than ever Tuesday. So we have learned two things this week. Rest is a part of any workout regime and to do what I have done. That is to surround yourself with people that are WAY smarter than you!!!!!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

1 comment:

  1. Trace, see Genesis 2:2. Even God rested on the seventh day.

    /Stuart

    ReplyDelete