Thursday, August 5, 2010

AGAIN -- I AM SO PROUD

I am proud of every person on this journey. This is why. I just received this email from a dear friend of mine and want to share it with you all:

Good morning Trace,

I wanted to share with you that I love reading all the emails/blog updates. It is encouraging for me as well as others. However, it was even more special this morning when I read it out loud to my mother who is really struggling right now with her MS.. As you know, I am in Colorado with her and the timing was perfect for me to open your email and share your enthusiasm and amazing story with her. I try so hard to educate her on the importance of exercise not only for physical health but for mental health. She was so happy for your success and prays for continued success in your personal goals.

I have been trying for YEARS to encourage my mother to participate in some form of exercise program. I have fought with her, joined with her, ignored it for awhile, and even tried the "for me" card. She is an amazing mother and a fighter. For years she has tried not to let this disease get the best of her. She tried to keep her lifestyle as it was prior to her diagnosis. However, her "Jarvis" is not cooperating at all anymore so changes are demanded now and she is discouraged. It breaks my heart to see this decline and I want to take her away and mother her......she won't have it. However, she said she wants to follow your stories because they inspire her. As a matter of fact, after reading your blogs this morning, she went to her closet and grabbed an old pair of shoes (with a slight wedge) and put them on. She instantly felt better because she was able to walk without her tennis shoes and brace on for a full morning. She knows she has to be cautious but she states "boy did it feel good to have a regular shoe on!"

Just wanted you to know that I am proud of you and THANK YOU for the email/blog updates. They are reaching out to my mom as well as many others and encouraging them to believe they can do more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn


ANY QUESTIONS CLASS?! WE CAN AND ARE GIVING PEOPLE HOPE AND ENCOURAGEMENT! I COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. LET'S KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment