Wednesday, August 11, 2010

THE POWER OF THE POSITIVE AND PROGRESS REPORT

It is amazing to me how negativity drags us down. Even the slightest bit of it can affect us deeply and permanently. And it is so hard to shake negativity off. We are always going to have challenges and obstacles in our lives but I have finally discovered that if I learn from them and do not dwell on them, they are less likely to be an oppressive burden. Live for today, do not regret yesterday and do not obsess about tomorrow. Concentrate on being the best you today. The rest will take care of itself. It is the overwhelming positivity in my life that is allowing me to do the things that I am doing. That starts with the people I am around.

Now to highlight the dramatic effect the positive environment around me has created, let me share with you some of my latest workout results. I am now training at least two hours a day. I work about an hour in the morning and then an hour in the evening. I mix up the type of workout I am doing. Michelle has a schedule for me which includes my time with Trisha and Nathan. I am trying on the weekends to combine my workouts more closely together in time so that I can get ready to do the three events in the triathlon without a break. I was thrilled this weekend when I rode my bike outside 14 miles then swam about a half mile. Sunday, I cut 3 more minutes off of my walk time with Nathan then swam 1600 yards (.9 miles) in 52 minutes. I then worked with a friend on swimming afterwards, so I swam well over a mile that day.

I cannot breathe without someone encouraging me or giving me an ata-boy. This incredible positive environment around me is making me do amazing things. I hope that you all can create this environment in your lives.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

Trace

1 comment:

  1. Trace - I'm so very proud of you! You are an inspiration to all those who watch you overcome the obstacles that life has placed in your path. I personally have no idea of the extreme level of difficulty you face each day - I can only imagine. But I have had my own health challenges and in that respect, I can totally relate.

    You are so correct in regards to positive influences in our life being "KEY" - the first (for me) is reading God's promises in His word and depending on it because it is TRUTH. God's love NEVER FAILS - He is FAITHFUL. The second is surrounding yourself with WINNERS who lead with love, support, hope and JOY. I pray God continues to cause your journey to take a dramatic turn around towards complete VICTORY and that the second half of your life will be more rewarding than the first!

    Remember - YOU HAVE ALREADY OVERCOME - YOU ALREADY ARE AN OVERCOMER - We are all cheering for you and KNOW that you can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens you.

    Blessings in abundance to you my friend,
    Noelle :-)

    ReplyDelete