Sunday, June 6, 2010

SUNDAYS WITH JARVIS - 6/6/10

Okay. Yesterday I mentioned "Sundays with Jarvis" and told you that I would explain today. Bear with me. I am a lawyer. We can't say anything quickly. One of my main three heroes is Nathan. Nathan gave me the challenge to do the CB&I tri with him next year. So far, swimming and biking have not been an issue. I am biking about 5 miles a day on a stationary bike and swimming a third to half a mile. 7 days a week! Amazing! (Tomorrow we will talk about baby steps to get there). Walking (I am not near running yet) is a MAJOR challenge. Nathan took it upon himself to agree to walk with me every Sunday morning. (I do not think he had been drinking but I can not be sure.) We walk the CB&I course, or as much of it as I can handle. It very quickly became evident that my right leg was not listening to my brain so Nathan named my right leg Jarvis and he and Trisha (another hero and my trainer) are whipping Jarvis into shape. So instead of Tuesdays with Maury we have Sundays with Jarvis! I get very frustrated when Jarvis poops out but Nathan and Trisha both keep encouraging me and assuring me that we will get him where he needs to be. The lesson to be learned is to be patient (three of my now many heroes-Nathan, Trisha and Jim will all tell you that I am NOT a patient man), surround yourself with people that tell you that you CAN do it and just keep trying. Jarvis is learning that lesson thanks to some amazing people! I actually look forward to my Sundays with Jarvis. Secretly I think Nathan does too.

You will also find that this mentality is contagious. I get texts from Branden, another trainer, challenging me on my walking and encouraging me to keep fighting. He takes great pleasure in doing the leg strength test that I failed so miserably for my doctor a few months ago and seeing the now MIRACULOUS results. EVERYONE is supporting this endeavor, many joining us and this all creates a HUGE amount of incredibly positive energy. It is great for ALL of us.

Good luck with whatever your challenge is and know that YOU CAN DO IT.

Regards,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment