Monday, June 21, 2010

Don’t Sleep With Dogs

Okay. Before I talk about that, I have had several people asking about or commenting on yesterday’s Sunday with Jarvis. I am truly AMAZED that people actually read this. As I told Bob yesterday, I am reminded of Gene Wilder’s comment in Young Frankenstein about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind! I am flattered, though, that this is being read and I sincerely hope someone, somewhere benefits from my lunatic ravings. While Jarvis has been hard at work on the bike and in the gym at odd hours, Sundays with Jarvis has been postponed for a couple of weeks. Nathan has been in trial and I have been tending to Mom after her heart bypass surgery. I think things will soon get back to normal.

I have heard the expression that if you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas. It applies to us in that we benefit or suffer from the people we choose to be around. If we are around people who are positive, we stay positive and that helps us to meet or exceed our goals. That helps us to fight any adversity that comes our way. If we hang around negative people, they just drag us down. Frequently, those people actually (maybe subconsciously) want us not to succeed. My point….

DON’T SLEEP WITH DOGS!

Please join me in sending a lot of positive energy, prayers and well wishes to Jim who is doing an Iron Man in Idaho this Sunday. While Jim obviously has a serious genetic flaw which would push him to do this, we are very proud of him and I am lucky to have him as a hero and to enjoy his friendship and inspiration. Safe travels and good luck my friend. YOU ROCK JIM!

Good luck and my best,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment