Monday, June 14, 2010

DON'T GET FRUSTRATED ... EVER...SERIOUSLY

Thursday night I got in a car and drove my son to camp in Missouri. Three days of solid driving. I got home Sunday morning at about 1 am. In the meantime, my mother had a melanoma removed Friday, developed some heart issues and I am sitting with her now in the hospital waiting for her heart surgery today. Last night Nathan and his family took me to dinner. I was having a very hard time walking and functioning and I was beyond exhausted. Given the amount of working out and training I have been doing, it was VERY frustrating to not function last night. Nathan and his wife kept encouraging me to chill out and to not get frustrated. I thought based on how I was moving that the last two months of training was for naught. Not true. Before I came to the hospital this morning, I did a full workout. I rode about 10 miles on the bike and did an hour of core and weight work.

My point is do NOT get frustrated at any point. The negative energy created is not healthy and takes too much time to overcome. You will have speed bumps on your journey. Ignore them and get back to full speed when you can.

I missed my Sunday with Jarvis yesterday but it will make the next one even greater.

My best,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment