Sunday, May 1, 2011

What inspires YOU?

Yesterday, I met 56 year old Chris Arthey who lost his leg in a motor cycle accident less than two years ago. Chris and I have a great deal in common. The CB&I will be the first triathlon for both of us. Nathan and I have seen Chris either riding his bike or running every Sunday for a while when we are out on our ride or walk. Since the first time that I saw Chris, I have said that if he could work that hard then so could I. When I met Chris yesterday, I told him that. He smiled and said "That is funny. When I see you struggling with the walk and your walking sticks every week, I say the same thing to myself!"

The lesson boys and girls is that we never know when our actions, thoughts or deeds might inspire someone to keep trying to do something that is spectacular. So make everything you do inspiring!

If you would like to see my amazing new friend check out http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/article_6910585f-f862-5258-a1e0-c6a380bb9468.html.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING, and my best,

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment