Tuesday, May 10, 2011

From a mom's perspective...

While many were excited about last Saturday being ‘Kentucky Derby’ day, I witnessed a bunch of “thoroughbreds” participate in the CB&I triathlon. Team Inspiration were all winners in my book. Young and old trained for this event for months, even years, and all were champions when they crossed the finish line.

But the most memorable moment for me was to find myself in the midst of a group of people that were so filled with genuine and unwavering support for my son, Trace Sherer.

The authentic, positive, encouraging, and awesome attitudes from his teammates, no doubt, helped him to achieve his goal to cross that finish line on Saturday. I’m so very proud of him for having risen to the challenge, but I am equally proud of each of you for helping him on his journey.

My love and appreciation to you all for making this such a special day…

Barbara Sherer (Trace’s proud mom)

1 comment:

  1. Trace has always been a great person to be around; he is a people magnet. I'm not surprised at his success but proud nonetheless. As a mom of boys myself, I can feel your pride in every word. Barbara, you are a big reason Trace is the person he is. He is loved by many, even those of us who haven't seen him in years. --Phyllis Lindesmith Townley

    ReplyDelete