Friday, May 13, 2011

COURAGE


One of my mantras in the past has been “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” While I was still on the run/walk/crawl/carry me course at the CB&I Triathlon last Saturday, it was announced that I received the Dr. Phelan Courage Award. What a tremendous honor. I have always said that I am just a weak man made strong and courageous by the amazing people around me. I believe that more than ever now given the Herculean efforts of Team Inspiration and every volunteer and person involved with the CB&I who helped me to achieve my goals. They all gave me the courage to finish when it would have been very easy to say enough.

Courage can be encouraged, even created, by anyone who helps another. Isn’t that how we should all live? Give the people around you courage. You might be surprised at the courage that is in turn imparted to you.

Thank you again to everyone involved in one of the best days of my life.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment