Sunday, May 8, 2011

Enter Trace Sherer, triathlete!

For those of you following the blog and have not heard the news, Trace completed his first triathlon yesterday! The man was amazing yesterday and I am almost afraid to say it but he is moving into the legend category with his exploits.

I am sure that the many people that walked with Trace for the last 3.1 miles yesterday would share the opinion that a greater show of heart and determination to finish something has rarely been seen with our own eyes.

I know that Trace will thank everyone soon but I want to express my thanks to everyone for all the support provided from yesterday to the very early beginnings of Trace's athletic career.

Particularly yesterday, Ana Demaret found Trace and I on the bike leg at around mile 12. I don't think we would have been able to continue as strongly without her help, encourage, and care. And the full Demaret family on the walk was greatly helpful!

Of course Lynn and Jim were the steel support around Trace from the beginning and throughout the 3.1 mile walk, both amazing people and great friends.

Ms. Lee, sorry I am not best with first names, you were amazing yesterday with all your support for everything thing that Trace needed yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you and you helped soooooo much, we thank you.

The volunteers!!!!! We would not have made it without them! Race officials, keeping portions of the course open was so amazing.

There are so many more folks your efforts are so appreciated and will be remembered by me forever.

To those who finished your first triathlon yesterday, congratulations! When is the next one?

Again thank you all.

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment