Friday, March 18, 2011

YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

It always interests me to see how folks deal with their challenges, whatever they may be. We frequently see people that handle things negatively and quickly let their challenges define who they are and ultimately defeat them. I am learning through the amazing folks around me to face them head on, look them straight in the eye and shout “You’re not the boss of me!” I know. A bit juvenile but, hey, it works.

Yesterday I had a chance to have an awesome chat with Ron Brannigan with the group Because We Can. I loved how he described his group to me. He told me that his group rides the MS 150 from Houston to Austin every year and how much he enjoys that ride. Oh. And the riders all have MS. But Ron said when starting to describe his group that they are all in denial of the fact they have MS. (Ssssshhhhh – don’t tell them.) I thought that was such an amazing way to describe how to deal with a challenge and it is certainly not a form of denial that requires enrollment in a 12 step program! (www.becausewecanms.org).

Being a part of Team Inspiration Texas has allowed me so very many opportunities, the most rewarding of which is that every time I turn around, I discover and am surrounded by folks who positively destroy their challenges. It empowers me even more. How cool is that?! The point to all this ranting is do not let your challenges define you. YOU define them. Take them and deal with them in such a way that others will be led to defeat their challenges the same way. Why, you may ask? Because We Can!!!!!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment