Sunday, February 13, 2011

JARVIS’ SUNDAY RIDE

Nathan and I did not walk this morning and I really missed that time. Instead, I was invited by my triathlon coach, Michelle, to go on a bike ride with the big dogs of her team, OutRival Racing. The routes ranged from 24 miles to 80 miles. Although very tempted to ride 80 miles, I wisely chose the 24 mile trip. I told Michelle that the only way that I would ride was if the rest of the team did not wait for me or give me any special attention and just let me go at my own pace. They did and I rode 24 miles with an elevation gain of about 300 feet. An elevation gain of a foot gave me a great deal of trouble a short time ago. Not today! It was a glorious day for a ride.

When we got back, I told Ana that when I started riding just a few months ago I would go 2 or 3 miles and that was all that I could tolerate. The first time I rode, I could not get off of my bike. In fact, my neighbors were walking by and noticed my obvious predicament and helped pull my bike out from under me. After that, I would stagger in the house and immediately go to the floor. Often, I would have to drag myself around the house on my butt for 2 or 3 hours until my legs came back.

I tell you this to show you that if you try just a little everyday (remember baby steps) and be patient with your progress, eventually it will pay off. I hit a payday today by being able to enjoy an amazing day on a road that I may never have seen or traveled. I can’t wait to see where I can go next but will patiently wait for that joy.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment