Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WHEN BABY STEPS GROW UP

I have talked since we started about baby steps. At some point we graduate. Kindergarten comes first. That is where I am. The run is at this point a real challenge. Last weekend’s walk was PATHETIC. But the bike and swim were fine and continue to get stronger. I am learning to listen to my coaches, trainers, handlers and friends and to not get hard on myself when I do not do well. I also remember Scarlett’s words of wisdom: “Tomorrow is another day.”

Part of growing up is accepting responsibility. And accepting ownership of our role. The people who have supported and encouraged me to get to the point where I am now have done an AMAZING job. So much so that one of Team Inspiration’s members, Eric Barna, nominated me for RunReview’s list of the 101 Most Influential Runners. I was included in this list.

http://www.runreviews.com/most-influential-runners/
most-influential-runners
by runreviews.com
I am humbled and honored by this selection. I have said it before and I will say it again. I am humbled and honored by every person who is supporting and encouraging me in this challenge. I accept responsibility and ownership of the role that you have given me. I thank you for the challenge and for your confidence in me.

TOGETHER we will ALL overcome our challenges.


Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

2 comments:

  1. NEVER GIVE UP! You are the miracle and inspiration to those around you. I pray that God blesses you abundantly as you make this climb to the TOP! Noelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace, You remind me to get up off my hiney and exercise every day. Thanks for the inspiration! Love ya, Shelly

    ReplyDelete