Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Introducing Myself as Trace's Supplement Provider




This is my first blog post (hopefully first of many) here and I thought I'd give everyone a little background first. I first met Trace a few weeks ago when he walked into my store (Nutrition Central in The Woodlands, TX) at the referral of Trisha his personal trainer. I was immediately intrigued by his story but mostly at the challenge of trying to find some supplements that would help with his muscle strength and growth. I've always said that I have a nutrition store not to make money but to get people results; profit being only a secondary side effect. I found out through conversation that Trace and I share a similar outlook on life. Not only are we both "glass half full" people but our desire to help and inspire others is what makes us tick. We talked about how so many people fall into the rut of letting little insignificant factors in their lives serve as an excuse to not try, and therefore never get to realize their goals. If I could sum up the correct attitude in one word it would be - SWOLLDIER. It's a word I use as a slogan and in various marketing for my nutrition store, but it's more than a slogan its a life philosophy.....to be a "Swoll Soldier". The "Swoll" part typically appeals to the weightlifting crowd, but really is just a reflection of making gains toward whatever your goal may be. It's about having the same mindset as a real soldier. In the same way that a real soldier knows he has a job to do, he doesn't complain or make excuses, he just does it. You imagine yourself as a soldier of whatever goal you have and you leave your excuses at the door, you just get the job done. Sometimes all it takes is just ignoring that little voice in your head (called Doubt) that tells you the pain of change is greater than the pain of staying the same. Separate your mind from your body and trust your body to set only your limits, and your mind to set only your goals.
One last thing.... TRACE - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SWOLLDIER!

No comments:

Post a Comment