Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHAT IF…..

What if I get an illness or disease that dictates what I can and can’t (there’s that word I hate again) do? What if I am not qualified enough to get that promotion? What if I am not strong enough to finish a triathlon?

I have wasted so much time questioning myself with “what ifs”. Really, they only limit us and do so on a daily basis. They prevent us from achieving our dreams and goals. We do not know how much time we are Blessed to be on this earth so shouldn’t we cherish every moment? I am not suggesting that we should not grieve or feel badly when we think that “bad” things happen to us. (Remember the farmer in Zen Shorts?) Shouldn’t we make our lives something that can inspire others to be the best they can be, even in the face of adversity? It has taken me almost 48 years to learn something. Do not regret yesterday. Do not over plan tomorrow. If you do, you might miss the joy that is TODAY. Experience TODAY. Enjoy TODAY. Make TODAY your best day ever. Make TODAY something that you are proud to share with others. LIVE TODAY and experience the euphoria that it is. The attitude may surprise you with how you confront and ultimately conquer your challenges.

To the person who inspired this: Stay strong and have Faith. I love you very much, as do many.

To everyone:

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment