Friday, November 2, 2012

DREAMING OUT LOUD - THE DREAM GROWS!

I was thrilled to be invited by Biogen Idec to speak to a group of 130 MS patients and their families last night. No surprise – the theme of my talk was the importance of dreaming out loud. I asked everyone in the room, both folks with MS and those without, to think of something that they did not believe that they were physically capable of doing. I also asked them to share that dream with someone else at the table... OUT LOUD! I am both honored and humbled by the amazing response that I received last evening! It is my hope that everyone present learned to cast aside fear and doubt and create an environment conducive to success in any endeavor. And to try! One gentleman shared with me that he would like to be able to be more active with his young son. He made the mistake of sending me an email last night, so I will be bugging him incessantly and supporting and encouraging his dream! Everything we have talked about here – dreaming, sharing, the importance of trying and casting aside fear was discussed. A husband and wife, both with MS, shared their dream to become more active together. They will no doubt continue in this quest even stronger now. The dream continues to grow! It is my hope that everyone who reads this blog will share their dreams with someone else, thereby creating an environment of encouragement and support. I am really very overwhelmed with the opportunity that Biogen Idec gave me. It's a good feeling to be able to encourage others and an even more powerful thing to be reminded of my own dreams and once again share them OUT LOUD! KEEP DREAMING OUT LOUD! -Trace

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I left the room to go to the B/R when Trace was giving this part of his talk last night. However, I just sent him a mail concerning me stepping out of my comfort zone due to his courage. Ooooh, Kinda spooky :^O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace,

    I had the pleasure of attending the event last night and heard you speak. You really lit a fire under me and helped me actually believe what I keep telling myself which is: "I have MS, MS doesn't have me." So if that's true, why then am I still afraid to do things I want to do (or at least TRY). Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juls-

      This is exactly what I was talking about last night! Thank YOU for inspiring ME! Your comment keeps ME trying and fighting! I am so proud of you and glad you shared your dream OUT LOUD with me! If you ever need some added encouragement or support PLEASE email me at trace.sherer@gmail.com. YOU ROCK!

      Delete