Friday, September 23, 2011

SELFISHNESS

There are times when I question whether my time at the gym or on the bike is selfish. Let’s face it. I am spending a LOT of time training these days. Am I neglecting others in doing those things? Am I making them too much of a priority?

There is a HUGE difference between selfishness and SELF-PRESERVATION. Without taking care of myself, I am absolutely worthless to others. If I take care of myself, mentally, physically, spiritually, the things that I can do for others increases exponentially. For example, before I started on this great adventure, I would frequently go to bed extremely early. I really did not have the energy to engage myself in the task of reaching out to others. Now, the opposite is true. I now have a strong desire to reach out and I have the energy to do so. By getting rid of the negatives in my life and finding a way to turn necessary negatives into positives, I can focus on what is important. Helping others. That is not selfishness. That is self-preservation. Big difference.

I would write more but I have to get on the bike!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment