Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ZEN SHORTS

I am reminded daily of the amazing people that surround me. My dear friend, Michael Watson, and I exchanged Christmas presents today. He gave me a children’s book called Zen Shorts by Jon J Muth. He said that as he was reading it to his kids (3 and 6) the other night, he thought about me.

In the book, there is a story about a farmer. “Bad” things happen to him. His neighbors exclaim “Such bad luck!”. The farmer replies “Maybe”. In close time, something related and “good” happens to the farmer. The neighbors exclaim “Such good luck!” The farmer replies … “Maybe”.

I have MS. Most would say “Such bad luck.” Until April of this year I would have shouted what the farmer’s neighbors said to anyone that would listen, proclaiming to the world “Such bad luck!” Most everyone around me, pitying me, said “Such bad luck.” Since April of this year, my response has evolved. It went from “Such bad luck” to “Maybe” to what it is now. “I DON’T THINK SO.”

If I did not have MS, I would not have the friends I now have, the purpose in life I now have, or the attitude about life that I now have. Life is indeed what you make it. Make yours AMAZING.

Thank you Michael.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment