Sunday, December 5, 2010

JUST IN TIME FOR YOUR HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING!

Since we started talking, we have talked about the benefits of so many things. We have discovered how my cooling vest does amazing things to keep my core cool in the heat. We have talked about the wonderful job that Jason at Nutrition Central does getting me on the right kind of supplements for what my body needs. We have learned about the constant chastising … I mean lecturing … I mean sage advice I get from Nathan, Jim, Trisha and Michelle regarding the importance of rest and proper nutrition, which, by the way, has FINALLY sunk in. (Apparently, I AM as stupid as I look.)

Two pieces to the puzzle have THANKFULLY been added recently.

In addition to the WONDERFUL box of chocolates that Jim gave me for Christmas (which were devoured far too quickly), he also gave me a Power Balance wristband. These are the bands that you see worn frequently by athletes. They improve your balance (a MAJOR issue for me), strength and flexibility. HOLY COW. IMMEDIATELY, all of these things markedly improved. Perhaps the most shocking to me is that I was able to stand on one leg, JARVIS, and balance and have someone try to push my outstretched arm down and throw me off balance. Previously, you could blow on my arm and knock me off balance. Not anymore! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jim! I have done Stupid Trace tricks since Jim gave me the band to everyone’s shock and amazement. If balance, strength or flexibility are a challenge, look into this. I don’t have a clue how it works but it does! In fact, my balance helped me ROCK my bike ride yesterday (17.9 miles) after swimming a third of a mile then ROCK my walk this morning with Nathan, breaking my previous record.

Also, I have been doing the full CB&I 5K for several weeks now during my Sundays with Jarvis. As Nathan pointed out a few weeks ago, the first time that I was able to complete the whole course was right after I began seeing Dr. Scott Oliphant at Village Chiropractic. I was extremely impressed with Dr. Oliphant because he took great pains in learning about my challenges before he ever touched me through a battery of tests, x-rays and the like. He also talked to Trisha (or as he calls her “The Mothership”) before giving me any exercises. As Nathan has pointed out, whatever he has done has made my brain be able to communicate better with my body such that Jarvis is really not an issue. Okay. That will be the last time I refer to him by name. From henceforth, he shall be known as Dr. Doogie and his partner, Dr. Andy Thomas, as Dr. Howser because they are disgustingly young. They, along with Misty in their office, are also now on Team Inspiration and will be doing the triathlon with us!!!!! If you try a chiropractor, make sure they are as thorough and cautious as Drs. Doogie and Howser!

I hope that if you try these things they work for you as well as they have worked for me!

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment