Friday, December 3, 2010

KIMI - IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT ME! (THIS ONCE)

My beautiful sister, Kimi, and I often tease each other about how “It’s all about me.” Yesterday a friend told me that a dear friend of hers has MS and that she tries to get him to look at how my life has changed in a short period of time by reading our blog. The response is that his MS does different things to him than mine does to me. I thought about that last night. I hope that this blog has not turned into “It’s all about me.” It isn’t. I am just a weak man made strong by amazing people and by a desire to not be defined or limited by MS. To steal a thought from Jim’s recent blog, I plan to stick my finger in every chocolate in the box until I find the one that I want. I plan to create the kind of life that I want. Yes. I am slow. It has only taken me 47 years to figure that out.

It is my strong hope that readers to our blog learn several things. First, patience is required in order to beat any challenge. If I woke up and decided that I was going to do this triathlon the following week, I would certainly be setting myself up for failure and major disappointment. That is why we have talked about baby steps so much. Gradual improvements every day will eventually allow you to better yourself.

Also, of paramount importance to all of this is to create an environment of positivity in your life. Surround yourself with positive people. Get rid of everything negative in your life or find a way to deal with the negative in a positive manner. Create a positive outlook on your life and that attitude in and of itself will make you healthier. It will remove impediments to your health that stand in your way and allow you to create an amazing life. You will find that GRADUALLY your health will improve. Be patient and watch. You WILL shock yourself. There is a side benefit to all of this. By doing it, you will improve not only your life but the lives of those around you. It is a circle. That will come back to benefit you! Try it!

Perhaps most importantly is to not allow “failure” to be a negative in your life. If I have a bad bike ride or swim or walk, I used to really let that bother me. That only impedes the results of your next effort. The fact that you try is all that it takes!!! Remember that courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying “I will try again tomorrow.” With courage, YOU WIN.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding, Trace!! Well written! God has blessed you with a depth of wisdom because of what you're experiencing that in turn serves to bless others. Just for grins, read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7. God is gracious and mercifull! Blessings to you and yours!
    Jeff Hatcher

    ReplyDelete