Saturday, May 5, 2012

LOVING LIFE - WON'T YOU JOIN ME?!

This morning I had the privilege of watching the 2012 CB&I triathlon. Yes boys and girls, that is the same triathlon that I participated in last year. It is so hard to believe that a year has passed. I look back on the amazing things that happened to me before the triathlon but the past year has been even better. Exponentially so. With the help of my heroes, I was able to participate in this year's MS 150 and Team Inspiration Texas is growing by leaps and bounds. Six team members rode in this year's MS150 and we took 20 patients and their families to the finish line in Austin. Just two short weeks after the event, more than 25 people have committed already to riding the MS150 next April with Team Inspiration Texas and our patient experience will be huge. Amazing. And it will be very exciting to see how many ultimately ride with us. The difference we are making is mind boggling. Our wrist bands are frequently seen. Personally, I love seeing the Team Inspiration Texas t-shirts and wristbands in pictures of our super jocks, our young men and women, in pictures in college and plastered all over Facebook. After the MS150, one of our super jocks, Travis Wells, had a speech to do for a college class. He did it on Team Inspiration Texas. He made an "A". He proudly told me after the speech that his class was very engaged in his talk. He is proud of Team Inspiration Texas and we are so proud of him and of all of our young people and the great hope that they give us. But the most miraculous thing to me is the number of friends I have made and continue to make on this adventure. I mean real, true life-long friends. Friends who deeply care for you and you for them. Remember that cloud of positivity we have talked about. The cloud of hope, love and joy. It is getting huge and has really become self perpetuating. That is what life is about. That is why I love life. I have suggested it before and I will urge you again. Find an amazing group of people. Surround yourself in their energy and make sure your energy is equally supportive. Love and enjoy life. It makes the challenges and hardships really quite inconsequential. Oh, and KEEP DREAMING OUT LOUD! -Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment