Friday, August 26, 2011

THE POWER OF WORDS

I have heard from a number of folks who read my last blog. I would like to follow up on it. We cannot even imagine how many words each of us speak in a day. I am often accused of talking FAR too much so multiply whatever a normal person uses by, say, 453. All too often, all of us speak without thinking of the power of the words we use. We use words that express love or joy. We also use words that cause hurt. When we hear words that hurt, distract or disappoint, the effect they have on those we speak them to can be devastating. The point is to choose your words wisely. I'd like to use one of the words that in the motto that Team Inspiration Texas has adopted for an example. Can’t (as in "Can't never did anything"). When someone tells me that I “can’t” do something because of my MS, it sets me back. I cringe when someone uses the word “loser” or when someone, out of their own sense of insecurity or paranoia uses words that undermine another person’s happiness. It is just wrong. We should strive everyday to choose words that uplift those around us. The power of our actions is exponentially greater. Our actions should be selected just as carefully.

Like so many other things that we have talked about here, you cannot imagine how using positive words and actions with those around you will come back to benefit you.

Good luck, KEEP TRYING and my best,

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment