Friday, July 8, 2011

Your Legacy

We have all heard a message or at least pondered the thought of what is our legacy? At no time does this become more present than at a funeral which is where I found myself this week. This "Celebration of Life" was a bit different for me because I did not know the man personally but his wife is an avid marathoner and an active member of The Woodlands and Conroe tri groups so I have known her for years.

I think what caught my attention most was when the pastor said "What would you say at your funeral?" Think about that for a minute..... He went on to answer for the Doug (the deceased) with no doubt by saying that he would stand before us and proclaim he was a blessed man. Can each of us say the same?

As the service went on proclaiming the multi facets off his life, I thought about what I believe everyone does at some point in a funeral and that is who would be there for you? Then I brought it into the present and asked myself a better question and that is who have you been there for?

It should not take a funeral to get each of us to spend time thinking about how we can have a positive impact on others. Let's not waste the opportunity that we are each given. Life has unforeseeable and unpredictable events in it. Let's make sure we use what we have been given.

Have a great day and thank you Doug for the reminder!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment