Wednesday, December 17, 2014

AND THEY'RE OFF!!!

I recently told you about two amazing young men, Brandon Loughridge and Tyler Blanton, who have honored me beyond words by taking on IronMan Texas 2015 in my name. They have pursued this in addition to heavy college work and their other obligations in life with a gusto that is rare to be seen, especially in people their age. Well last weekend, they officially kicked off their commitment by participating in their first half marathon. And they finished it in AMAZING time and in grand fashion. I so regretted that I was unable to be at the event for them and expressed that to them. They assured me that I was with them EVERY step of the way and sent me the picture of my name on their wrists. Wow. Just wow. These boys constantly surprise and amaze me. Not only that, they have approached their commitment with such compassion and devotion that they have drawn the attention of many. They have taken it upon themselves to honor others who face and fight challenges, along with me. They created a Facebook event called “Trace’s Big Race – Team Inspiration” and in just over 24 hours, more than 100 people plan to attend. Hopefully, they will all meet me at the finish line and recognize this amazing accomplishment, not just athletically, but for how many people they have touched and affected by this incredible gift. This goes along with everything we have always said. Positivity breeds happiness, health and a life full of joy. These boys’ gift to me has made me renew my own commitment to push myself a little further in the gym – and in life. I encourage and invite each of you to read this amazing story from the boys’ mouths at www.gofundme.com/fupsvg. If you are able to financially support them in any way, please do. I ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE ENTIRE STORY AND ALL OF IT’S UPDATES. Join us in this journey. Join us in positivity and happiness. Stay tuned for updates on Brandon and Tyler’s incredible journey. And like Brandon, Tyler and me- KEEP DREAMING OUT LOUD! -Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment