Tuesday, July 1, 2014

THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

When we started this great adventure in 2010, I had no idea how much the individuals that joined with me would change and touch my life. I had no idea how deep the friendships that I made would become. I had no idea how much I would enjoy this experience. I am truly a Blessed man. Perhaps the thing that has touched and impressed me the most is how our super-jocks have responded and truly taken me on as their “project”. This year, Brandon Loughridge and Tyler Blanton rode the MS150 for me. They stopped before the finish line to see me and the moment that I had with them is something that I will never forget. After that ride, they informed me that in 2015 they were doing … (wait for it) … IronMan Texas for me! They know that I have always dreamed of doing a full IronMan. Brandon reminded me that we are a team and that he and Tyler were just doing the racing for me and the team. Wow. Just wow. Our young people continue to amaze and impress me. Thank you guys. So very much. KEEP DREAMING OUT LOUD! -Trace By the way, doing an IronMan is NOT cheap, especially for college students. The equipment costs and entry fees are extensive. If anyone would like to help them financially, email me at trace.sherer@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to put you in touch with these fine young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment