Sunday, January 29, 2012

THE MIRROR

I thanked my dear friend Mush the other day for giving me such hope in life.  His response was beautiful and really made me think. He said "I am only a mirror reflecting what is in you." Wow. It made me think of something that my Mom used to tell us (and for which Kimi and I made many jokes at her expense.) Mom would say "If you don't have something pleasant to say, don't say anything at all.  The two really go together beautifully. The energy our comments and actions create are a reflection of us.  We can make our comments and actions positive, encouraging and beautiful rather than ugly, hurtful and negative.  When they are positive, they not only benefit the person to whom they are directed but us as well. They help maintain the positive energy necessary for a peaceful and happy life.  It all goes along with everything we have said about the importance of creating and surrounding ourselves in a positive environment that allows us to accomplish our goals.  While looking in the mirror is often a frightening experience for me, the image is so much better when I see my reflection combined with positivity, hope, love and joy! Make sense?

KEEP DREAMING OUT LOUD!

-Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment