Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do you define your Identity?

So how would you answer that question? Do you identify yourself in a manner that guarantees failure? I hope not but many of us do without even thinking about it. Think about your responses to Life. Doesn't the use of "I can't" pretty much seal the deal on failure? Take a moment to think about what you call yourself then refine that with by asking God what he calls you. We all need to work on correcting our own identity so that we can be what we are designed to be.

With a new year right around the corner, commit yourself to a new you...a positive new you by removing the obstacles that prevent you from being the real you. Take time to know your true identity....think about it, pray about it and refine it.

Now I must admit that after thinking about this over the weekend I was asked "How are you?" Sadly I replied "tired". Now I rationalized it because I had completed a very long run just a couple hours earlier but do I want my identity to be "I'm tired"? Absolutely not!! I am blessed would have been a better attempt at conveying my identity to others.

Know your identity and make sure it guarantees success.

Merry Christmas!!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment